A country club provides an ideal setting for families to have fun together while also participating in wholesome activities. You are also part of a bigger family at a country club, since it can be a home away from home for every member. Families can schedule special events and enjoy excellent dining, swimming, tennis, golf, and other amenities all in one friendly environment.
The golf course is often a favorite feature at a country club, and it doesn’t have to be just for the adults. Golf is an excellent family game, and a country club has the golf lessons available to help everyone learn how to hit the ball and improve their swing. If the old adage is true that the family that plays together stays together, golf is a great way to be a tight-knit group. Golfing lasts from two to four hours, on average.
Some of the great lessons in life can be learned on the golf course. Honesty, good etiquette, discipline, patience, overcoming challenges, and respecting the environment are all lessons that can be learned as family members golf together. A bonus is that everyone is outside getting exercise.
Tennis is suitable for all ages and all skill levels. This is a fast-moving non-impact sport that can be fun for the entire family to share in together. While having fun, strengthening relationships, and learning good sportsmanship, everyone can gain health benefits, including the following:
- Increased aerobic capacity
- Increased bone density
- Lower body fat
- Increased reaction time
- Improved metabolic function
- Lowering the resting heart rate and blood pressure
Everyone in the family can also learn about preventing injuries while enjoying friendly competition. A few tips for avoiding being injured while playing tennis follow:
- Before going on the court, warm up the joints and muscles by stretching.
- Maintain a fitness level adequate for the time spent on the court.
- Play tennis at a level that is appropriate for your age and physical condition.
- Avoid playing on a slippery surface.
- Stay hydrated.
- Be aware that too much repetition of strokes can lead to repetition injuries. By playing the volume of tennis appropriate to your level of fitness, you can avoid injuries.
Country clubs have skilled tennis players available for tennis lessons. The experts can help a family learn how to play together while understanding that each individual should play only to the level appropriate for them.
Swimming is great fun for everyone, making it the ideal family activity. As members of a country club, you can swim with friends and family for fun while getting low-impact exercise. It’s good for parents to swim with their children for a variety of reasons.
- You can help get small children accustomed to the water.
- Learn whether children are interested in or ready for swim lessons.
- Children who are already swimmers can hone and practice their skill.
- Swimming is just one more excellent way for family members to spend quality time together at a country club.
After participating in fun activities, it’s great for family and friends to dine together. A country club typically has talented chefs who provide something on the menu for everyone to enjoy.
Ironhorse Country Club has a great restaurant and all of these great activities for families to enjoy together. We are proud that the environment at our country club is perfect for all manner of unforgettable family fun.